NAMIWalks - Your Way!
Mental Health for All — and Always
We are pleased announce our participation in NAMIWalks Your Way on Saturday, May 22, 2021. (Team links are below.)
NAMIWalks will be a virtually virtual experience, united with NAMIWalks across the country. Participants get to use their creativity, with the main rule that we continue to advance towards our goal by leaps and bounds. The choice is yours on how you want to make this spring’s event fit into this spring’s reality.
Create a team of athletes to support you, or create a team of one. Whatever your financial goal, there are ways to reach it:
- Walking 7,000+ steps for a 5K their way
- Planning a craft day
- Holding a virtual bake-off with their team
- Practicing self-care with a favorite hobby
- Creating a safe and socially distanced stroll in their neighborhood
Even if you’re isolated geographically, we’ll be united in our hearts. Depending on the local programming on May 22, you can watch inspirational, engaging livestreams or join in a mental health conversation with other like-minded crusaders.
Take photos and videos and share your activity on favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and hashtags #NAMIWalksNorCal and #NotAlone.
Join us as we walk, run, skip, bake, or whatever suits you, to make a difference in the lives of those living with mental health conditions.
DONATE OR PARTICIPATE: There are many with NAMI Walks pages connected with Yolo County for which you can provide financial support or you can join in an activity:
- Hope Chalks Team – do sidewalk chalk art outside where people can see your messages of hope & resilience (a public display of chalk art will be installed by our team on F Street in Downtown Davis on May 22, which you can visit)
- Pawsitive Recovery Team hosted by NAMI Yolo County’s Board President
- NAMI at UC Davis Team
- West Sac PD Team
- Yolo Mental Health Court Prog Walk – a walk in the UCD Arboretum, beginning at 10am
- Mind Over Matter Team – hosted by one of our support group leaders
- The Salseros Team
- Psychonautics Team
- Crown Jewels Team
- The Is that You Anxiety? It’s Me Depression. Team