We are happy to announce that we will be holding our next Basics 6 week class starting June 7th 2021! Classes will be held every Monday, 6-8PM over ZOOM.
NAMI Basics is a 6-session free education program for parents, caregivers and other family who provide care for youth (ages 22 and younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms.
By participating in NAMI Basics, you’ll realize that you are not alone. You’ll find support and shared understanding—compassion, reinforcement and empathy from people who truly get your situation. And don’t forget: Your experiences may also help others in the course. Together, you will all learn that recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
NAMI BASICS COVERS
- The impact mental health conditions can have on your entire family
- Different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies
- An overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and resources to help you navigate these systems
- How to advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- How to prepare for and respond to crisis situations (self-harm, suicide attempts, etc.)
- The importance of taking care of yourself
- Much, much more
Registration is open now! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org